Welcome!

Helping you become self-confident.
Helping your life become dermatologistic.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

How to Lose Weight Fast, How to Grow Longer Lashes, and More! All-in-One!

This post is all about... *drum roll* .... All-Natural, Unrefined, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil!! :)

I mentioned this "other product" in my "Best Cleanser" post, so now hopefully you'll understand what I meant in that post better by reading this one.

 So, I've read reviews and seen videos about coconut oil numerous times, but now having used it, I am a true believer! What do I mean by this, exactly? Well, for starters, I've read that it gets rid of wrinkles within a week, give or take a few days. Is it true or false? Most definitely true!! Oh my gosh! I had these worry lines that I always, ironically, worried about (see what I did there?)! I often asked my mom about them, and she said they weren't that noticeable. But, if I could notice them, and I mean really notice them, how could anyone else not? Almost a week after using coconut oil, I went to the mirror in my restroom to see how it was doin' for me. Well, let me just say I was in Phase One: Denial. My worry lines were practically gone! Now, I didn't have the worst worry lines, but they were still iffy. Hardly a week had passed when my lines began to vanish! Woop! Major plus!

Another marvelously fantastic thing about coconut oil is its moisturizing properties. It must be the best moisturizer I have ever used! If you scrape just a teeeeny weeeeny tiny bit onto your fingers, and then apply it anywhere on your body, you get insta-smooth. Ooohh myyy goodness! I usually drench my face in it at night, just so it's really smooth in the morning, and also because the skin does this whole rejuvenation process when you sleep. Sometimes, when I have small-but-noticeable dry patches on my skin when I try to apply makeup (which drives me crazy!) I just use a bit of the oil - maybe after exfoliating gently with a dry washcloth (it depends on how dry and rough the patches are) - and swoosh! No more dry spots!

  
I read in a few places that extra virgin coconut oil can also thicken, strengthen, and lengthen both nails and lashes! Really? It can't do that to both! Blasphemy! Nay, good fellows, it can!! That's the wonderful thing about coconut oil! My stubs (a.k.a. my "nails") are always picked or bitten off by yours truly, and unfortunately I sometimes don't have the patience to let them grow. But, when I started using coconut oil on my cuticles and nails, I actually let my nails grow because the results were amazingly fast! For the lashes, though, I'm not too sure. My lashes are kind of long already, but they definitely feel better, if ya know what I mean.

Oh, did I mention that coconut oil promotes healthy hair growth? Yeah, it's true! It can not only help your hair grow longer faster, but it can give it a radiant shine, too! Now, don't go putting this on in the morning or before you go out somewhere because it can look reeeallly greasy. Trust me, my mom knows. :)  Just plan to take a shower later if you do put it on. I would recommend putting it on at night and taking a shower in the morning so you don't have to deal with it later.

Are you struggling to lose weight even though you eat pretty healthy and get a fairly decent amount of exercise? You're just the average person who does their exercise regularly, but can't seem to shake off those pounds. (Wow, do I sound like an infomercial! Ignore the cheesy lines! Hehe. ^_^) Coconut oil is a greeeaaat addition to your diet! You can use coconut oil in cooking, in smoothies, or just by itself! I read that one lady ate one to two tablespoons a day for a week and she lost three pounds! I'm not saying you should expect to see these exact results, but I mean WOW! That's a great advantage to using coconut oil! I would definitely try to use it in smoothies (you won't taste it as much - the taste is weeiiird!)! :)

I would definitely get some coconut oil! You can find this at MOM's, organic food markets (not Trader Joe's, though, from what I know), and amazon.com! :)  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment